About Me

Rebel without a cause!

Friday, November 03, 2006

Talking troubles

For the past one year, after moving out of the safety of the home, life has become tough. There are challenges aplenty when actions you take, can decide which way your life will go. This was not the way before because back in school and even institute, you usually had a peer group as a guide. You have it even now, but you realize that now is the time to do something you want to do and not just follow the crowd.

So far, the pressures have been manageable. But others are going through this phase too since I find many of my friends confiding these things. Now I dont know what it is about me, but many times conversations with many people veer round to this topic about the pressures of the uncertain future. These are really smart people but they are also working under a lot of pressure.

I dont know what it is about me, but I guess sometimes I act as a pressure valve to them. I dont have a problem with that. Infact it does feel good if you can help someone out. But the only concern is that it doesnt lead to feeding someone's sense of depression and self-pity. Sometimes it does seem that if you talk a lot about your worries, you get addicted to talking about it to all and sundry.

Its tough to decide but its a lesson in life to understand if the person talking to you really deserves a sympathetic ear or some plain talking to.

No comments: